15 Reasons To Love Being A Family Lawyer
If you’ve kept up with our blogs long enough, there’s likely been a time or two when you’ve heard this story: My father, who I love dearly, has always had a deep distaste for lawyers. I remember being a young man and having him tell me how one attorney he used for various business dealings relied on a stopwatch to keep track of the billing in his case.
Every … second … accounted for. There was no emotion, no relationship – just business. My dad’s feelings toward lawyers never softened over time, so needless to say, he wasn’t too thrilled when I chose family law as my profession.
“Lawyers divide wealth. They create none,” he said.
To my dad’s credit, I know how proud he is of how I care and build relationships with my clients. He sees that I am different and that the reason I got into family law in Flower Mound, TX was to help people and provide value. It is a rewarding experience when you can step into a difficult situation and walk a family through it, answer their questions, be the voice of reason, and achieve for them the best possible result.
Family Law is a specialized area of civil litigation and involves anything that has to do with the family relationship. This includes divorce, adoption, child custody, and child support. Family lawyers love being able to make a difference in these cases, but more importantly, they love being able to make a difference in someone’s life when their client needs it the most.
There are a million more reasons to love being a family lawyer. For the sake of brevity, here are 10:
- Being able to give practical and sound advice during emotional times
- The ability to turn negatives into successes
- Being able to save someone’s marriage
- Providing the resources to remove someone from a dangerous situation
- Assessing and advising a client on his or her legal rights
- Using lessons learned from life and the lawyer’s unique perspective especially if a child of divorce
- Being a voice for children and looking out for their best interests
- The journey to becoming a better lawyer
- Family law gives a lawyer a deeper appreciation for their family, and the role the lawyer wants and needs to play in their family.
- Educating clients on the task at hand and giving them tools that will help them down the road
When you have a legal question, it is extremely important that you have an attorney who has the legal and the practical experience to answer it. Furthermore, your family law attorney should see themselves as your partner and advocate. They should be versed in ALL ASPECTS of this very emotional and complex area of specialty.
Call Nelson Law Group Today!
Our legal and life experiences uniquely qualify us to answer your questions. We represent people in Denton, Dallas, and Collin Counties in a variety of legal disputes in the areas of Family Law, Personal Injury, Civil Litigation, and Estate Planning. Give our knowledgeable team here at Nelson Law Group, PC a call if you have any further questions regarding this or any other issue. Our team is always available.
Give us a call today! For more information about Brett A Nelson click here.
The post 15 Reasons To Love Being A Family Lawyer appeared first on Family Law, Divorce, Personal Injury in Texas | Nelson Law Group, P.C. |.
Source: Nelson Law Group